Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Darcy Boock's Research Advances Johann auf der Heide Connection to Second Line

Here is an email that I sent last night to Gerhard and Helga Johann auf der Heide and their answer to me. Philip, I am happy to hear that you would be willing to translate my letters to them for me. How did I do on the first paragraph. My grammar probably stinks. Enjoy the news. We are getting closer.

"Darcy Boock" <gdboock@pressenter.com> schrieb: > Hallo Gerhard u. Helge. Heute hat ich ihr Brief erhaltet. Es ist sehr > interessiert. Ich finden vielen Namen Johann auf der Heide in die alte > Kirchenbücher von Lienen und auch von Lengerich microfilmed by die Kirche > von den Mormons. Ich habe vielen Namen in mein Database und addieren mehr > jeder Woche. Ich will Ihrer Ahnentafeln studieren und ein anderer Brief > schrieben Sie bald. Ich habe ein sehr Woche zu tun. Ich bin sehr glücklich > zu Sie finden. > > I need to write this part in English. Do you think that Johann Hindrich > Johann aufr Heede geboren 4 Jan. 1749 was married 1st to Anna Maria > Magdalene Breven and then after she died in 1798 that he married 2nd to > Anne Marie Elisabeth Oberdahlhoffs? Because Johnann Hindrich was 22-23 > years older than A. M. Elisabeth Oberdahlhoffs. I found a death record for > Johann Hindrich for 19 Juli 1816. You said that he died after 1811 and I > know that he died before 1841 when his son Eberhard Jacob was married. Do > you think this is our connection through a 2nd marriage? > > Darcy Boock > River Falls, Wisconsin USA > >

Hallo Darcy! Thank you for your E-mail. We think you are right with your supposition. 25 years ago I (Helga) make for my family genealogy intensive.

In my old manuscripts I find out:Johannaufrheede, Johann Hindrich (b. 04.01.1749 d. after 1811, 1. married 07.10.1781 with Anna Maria Magdalene Breven) together they had 9 children. His wife Anna died 03.08.1798 and then he maked 2. married (2.11.1798)with Anna Maria Elisabeth Oberdalhofs (b. 1770, d. 1837), they did have together 3 children (1.: 07.03.1802- son Rudolph - //2.: 20.04.1805 son Friedrich //3.: 02.10.1808 son Jacob ). I think, thats your ansisters.Perhaps, you have the same dates. Regards from Gerhard and Helga /Lienen-Kattenvenne / Germany

1 comment:

Jim said...

Ah ha! That is interesting, Darcy! I wonder if he would be willing to
share his tree so we can look to the family of Johann Hinrich's first
marriage. There are at least two other Aufderheide groups that I know
of here doing genealogy research; one settled in New York, the other
in Ohio/Indiana. It would be neat to make the connection!
===============
Jim Aufderheide
jaufderheide@comcast.net